Saturday, October 10, 2009

Old Soccer Cleats

We're talking about worn out soccer shoes here, and my daughter says "I won't go to the store to get new ones unless I can keep my old ones". I'm ready to throw the old cleats out. I mean, they smell, they're ripped up and they can't be used to play in a game unless you tape them up severely...

Being an attachment sort of soul, I cling to people. Pets. Nature. Memories (while I can anyway). I don't cling to lawnmowers. Or trophies. Or old shoes. But I live with people who grow attached to "things".

My husband and my children are extreme clingers. And that is a good thing in many ways. I know they'll always be around. But it's the odd things they cling to that make me nuts.

Today I took my big kid to the soccer store for new cleats, which amazingly enough don't require duct tape to hold them together. And that's a good thing because we can't afford duct tape now that we've bought the new cleats. In my world: old cleats OUT and new cleats IN. SO not going to happen in their world.

Someday, someone will come clean this house out. Please tell them I was forced to live with stinky old cleats.

No comments: