Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's a clean pond

I don't know exactly what happened. Perhaps the stars aligned properly. Maybe the plants reached maximum algae eating size. It's possible that tons of rain altered the water and the acidic ratios were enough to destroy algae but not fish. It may even be the weeks of bucketing out yucky water that I've tirelessly (but whinely) performed. But, whatever it was or is... it is glorious. WE CAN SEE OUR FISH!

Yes, the fish are visible. All perhaps 11 of them - though it is hard to count fish because they don't "sit" still. I almost hate to say this, but I'm happy to have fish at this moment. It's only taken YEARS to reach that point.

Future posts will tell the WHOLE story of the fish I care for, but now I must show the pet sitter the bucket...

No comments: